Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Here is how I got here

My DH was a contractor and commercial painter, down south, and did very well financially during the winter season. We had a lovely home, lots of friends, our weimaraners and beagle, and our race car. Yes, he raced a car on a local track and we had a blast doing that. In the summer, we would load up the dogs and take off for the mountains, and work for people from down south that homes and cabins up here. Sometimes we would camp in RV parks, and other times we would stay in the peoples cabins. I should say, our RV was large, 45 foot, and very nice.

After several years of doing this, we came to a very special area and I fell in love with it and told him, this is where I want to live. I was ready to sell out then and there, but he wanted to wait. Said the real estate there (south) was going to go sky high, so we waited, and he was right. We sold out, did what Vik and Greg did, sold , gave away, threw out, and stored. And up we came. Had no idea where we were going to park the RV, but found a wonderful, out of the way RV park that would let us park with the 4 dogs. 3 Weims and a beagle.

I won't go into all the problems we had trying to buy a home, but the main problem was that we had sold our home and held the paper. Would never do that again. Had that mortgage, and the RV mortgage. You can imagine. After 4 months I found this place and would have given my heart for it. Almost did..................We talked the owners in to holding the paper on this one for 3 years, paid a hefty down on it, moved in, and then..........................Our buyers reneaged. Holy crap, now what do we do. Well, we had a friend that took over, kicked those idiots out, and bought the house from us. Paid cash, and we paid off this one.

But in the meantime, Dr's in the other state, contacted us and said we had to come back down because DH would have to have cancer surgery. OK, so we head back down. When we got there we were given the runaround, and in the end, we headed back up here, contacted the DR's here and they said NO, no surgery
Treatments. Well, that is a long 3 1/2 years. But we got settled in, made some changes to our home, nothing major except totally remodeling the bathroom, and lots of outside work. We were able to pay off all past bills, and clear. DH made sure I was in good shape no matter what happened.

And happen it did.......DH passed away Nov 17, 2007

Do not feel sorry for me, I am fine. There is a lot I could have added but why bother, that is why I am here and this is where I plan to stay until I go with him in Our Memorial Garden.

No comments: