Monday, June 15, 2009

As I sit here this morning, contemplating the things I need, should, want, to do today, I so far have done nothing except read newspapers online, play a game of Spider Solitaire, and stare out the window. When going to bed last night, I had lots of plans for today, but here I sit. Oh yes, I did the usual have to things, like make my coffee and feed the dogs.

Time to kick myself in the butt and get moving and doing, but will do this first.

A friend talked me in to joining Plenty of Fish, hahahaha. Well, that is a joke for me. I am not interested in any more relationships, having been spoiled rotten by the man I had for 13 years. But, I joined just to see what was out there, and can say no thanks. Maybe some of them are wonderful men, but not for me. I will stay single and alone when it comes to that. My pups and friends and Dulcimer keep me busy and happy, don't need someone interrupting my life.

I will say it would be great to have someone come mow my acreage..............that seems to be my hardest, but I can hire it done if needed. I do a little at a time, kill snakes when they are around. Had a couple of copperheads the other day that I took care of. Over the weekend, a squirrel decided it wanted to invade the deck. It won't invade anymore. At least that one won't. I think Mr. Redfox had a good dinner that night. Mr. Redfox travels the road out front, but never comes close to the house, and I do put food out by the road for it.

Since living up here, I have seen one bear. Had several coyotes a few times, but they have left now, not liking gravel shot up their buts. And the best is the big wolf that strolls buy once in a while. The wolf comes only very late at night, checks out under the front light and then leaves. It has never bothered anyone or anything up here.

Me weekend was quiet, altho I went shopping again and picked up a few things to replace some of the old, old kitchen utensils. I went all RED for utensils and a new dish drainer, lol. I love red! Came home and watched the Nascar Race while chatting with a friend online. We usually do that during the races. And that was my weekend, except for hoping to catch Vik online. I am sure they are busy...............I hope everything is going ok for them now that they are back in Futa. Maybe will hear from her today. I do miss that girl!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, it's time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dogs are wanting me to go walk in the woods, and one wants to play ball, altho he won't let me have it.

Everyone have a great day, and Until next time.....................

Ms. J.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Just random thoughts while reading...I miss that girl too! And I miss squirrels-there was a mama I used to feed on my balcony and one day she brought her baby. No squirrels here in Chile. And the "fishing" group, I had an aunt that belonged to a square dancing group after she was widowed. Never married again but she called one partner her "gentleman" friend. Anyway, she said it was a fun group and also enjoyed a travel group that was a bunch of "singles" her age that traveled together.

Your writing made me remember-thanks.